Many of us on the East Coast had a huge storm this past weekend. Here are some tips to help you dig out of the snow.
- Take it easy – if you aren’t fit (you spend most of your off time on the couch), then it might be better to let someone else shovel the snow. Having a heart attack won’t do you or anyone else any good and shoveling a couple of feet of snow is not a way to start of a new exercise regime.
- Hold off on purchasing any winter cleanup supplies (if possible) till at least a couple of weeks down the road. A snow blower will probably cost you about 50% more than it did a couple of weeks ago.
- Help out your friends and neighbors especially if they are elderly. We have a neighborhood cleanup crew – this started informally really but everyone has different pieces of equipment and together we get it knocked out pretty quick.
- If you don’t have any electricity – be very careful about heating with an alternative heat source.
- I know this might sound odd but have fun!
Here are some past articles that you might find helpful.