Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Windows 10 is going to stop being free on July 29th. I have been debating a long time on whether to update or not. If I do update I’ll definitely be saving some money (which is always a good thing). I have been concerned about a couple of things.
1. I didn’t like how they almost forced you to upgrade. It seems every now and then they were incredibly sneaky.
2. I’m always concerned about new software having bugs in them. It’s been out almost a year, so the bugs should be squashed.
3. Privacy concerns – they have added some options so that you can limit the things you share with them.
To upgrade after the ‘free’ option is over can cost $100+ – so I have decided to take the plunge. I use a lot of microsofts other products like word and the big fear is that if I don’t upgrade then pretty soon these products will no longer up.
A few things if you decide to upgrage – I’ll go over them briefly and then provide you a link with some more in depth information.
1. Make sure you back up your important files. I use a hard drive that I plug in, just move all of my ‘important’ things there.
2. Make sure you have all of your important passwords.
3. The upgrade can take some time so plan accordingly.
Here’s the link and I’ll let you know how it goes.